Re: KDE 2.2.2 beta1 released

On Fri, 17 May 2002 09:39:23 +0200 Ralf Habacker <Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> today the KDE 2.2.2 beta 1 is released. For further details see
> http://cygwin.kde.org/kde2.php
>
> Have fun !
>
> Ralf Habacker

I had this problem with the installer for 2.2.1 as well, but I was hoping
it would be fixed in this one.  During the installation of kdebase, I will
get about half way through, and then get booged down in a series of error
messages that read:

warning: deleting
d:\cygwin/opt/kde2/share/doc/HTML/en/kdeprint/cupsserverconfig_serverencryptionconfig_servercertificate_blurb.png" so I can make a directory there.

After hitting OK, I get another one that reads:
warning: moving directory
"/opt/kde2/share/doc/HTML/en/kdeprint/cupsserverconfig_serverencryptionconfig_servercertificate_blurb.png" out of the way.

At least for 2.2.1, installing manually by extracting the archive on the
command line works.  And, sure enough, I have multiple copies of a
directory with that name.  Will proceed with manual installation for 2.2.2.
Jonathan Fosburgh                       |Certified AIX Administrator
Software Systems Spec. III              |ICQ: 32742908
Communications and Computer Services    |MSN: syjef@hotmail.com
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center            |Jabber: syjef@jabber.org
Houston, TX                             |Yahoo: jefosburgh