Re: Extract.exe source code

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 09:03:44PM +1000, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
>Can someone assure me that the source for extract.exe is included in the
>cygwin-xfree source code before I pull it down? I have the archived binary
>distribution of cygwin-xfree 4.1.0, but I didn't hold on to the extract.exe
>when I archived these. Now, unfortunately, the extract.exe available appears
>to have been built to a new version of the cygwin.dll (as appears to have
>the entire distribution. The way this is done doesn't seem to be tracked
>very well), and as you can tell, I do not have broadband access to upgrade
>my Cygwin distribution.

The cygwin DLL part of the distribution is 896850 bytes.  I suggest that you
start the install and go get a cup of coffee.  Even at modem speeds, it won't
take that long to download.

It's also very possible that extract.exe will work fine no matter what version
of the DLL you're using.  If it doesn't work, then it will be very obvious right
away -- you'll get a dialog box telling you something is wrong.

cgf