Re: FW: Problem: extreme speed difference NT4 <> Win98SE runing Xfree

Uwe Schmidtmann wrote:

> So I guess it is the difference between NT optimization and Win9x.

It could also be a difference in multitasking. I wouldn't be surprised
if Win98 was slower in multitasking between the X server and clients
especially with the Cygwin library and socket communication.

You could test this by running an X client from another machine and
comparing NT and Win98 performance.

  - Ian

--
iburrell@znark.com