Re: How do I run it?

> > I try to run C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\XWin.exe, I get an error box:
> >     Error Starting Program
> >               A required .DLL file, CYGWIN1.DLL, was not found.
> > What part of the installation process did I miss?
> Use startxwin.sh to start the X server.
> Add \cygwin\bin to your PATH in Windows.
> Add \cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin to your PATH in Windows.

startxwin.sh did not get installed.  Neither did startxwin.bat,
mentioned in one of the FAQ's.  I have to wonder what else may be
missing.

I did add C:\cygwin\bin and C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin to the Windows
PATH.  Now when I try to run XWin.exe from Start/Run, the mouse cursor
changes to arrow+hourglass for a few seconds, then changes back to a
plain arrow leaving no sign of anything having been started.  There's
no window, nothing added to the taskbar, nothing added to the system
tray.  Running it from Cygwin bash is the same, adding only the report
"Exit 1" when it terminates.