RE: info: single install xfree86 + minimal cygwin?

Sorry, I simplified a bit. I do telnet for simple tasks, but I'm playing
around with Linux for other things as well. This is a home network, and we
were using Wingate on a Windows 95 machine as internet gateway. The
all-family frustration this was generating became my excuse to build a Linux
box over Christmas and revisit my unix-hacking roots. I went for KDE because
I'm getting to old to re-learn all that vi finger-work. Now if I could just
get DNS to work properly... - but that's another mailing list.

Tim