From: "Tim Huckvale" <Tim.Huckvale@Charteris.com>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 10:31 AM
Subject: RE: info: single install xfree86 + minimal cygwin?

I'm interested in a minimal cygwin / xfree86 package since I'm only
using it to control my SuSE Linux fileserver and internet gateway which
sits in a corner with no keyboard or monitor. I connect via xdm and run
KDE desktop. The total cygwin and xfree86 installation takes up 100
Mbyte disk space, which seems excessive.

I removed the 75dpi fonts in response to Ian's remark below, but had to
put them back when I found that the KDE desktop looked horrible. (It
still doesn't display SuSE's yast2 windows properly, but that's another
story.)

I guess you can't come up with a minimal package that suits everyone,
but perhaps it's worth recording experiences such as mine in the
archive.

Thanks to all involved in cygwin/xfree86 development - you're doing a
super job!

Regards,
Tim

This message from Charteris plc has been checked for viruses
http://www.charteris.com/