RE: rootless mode

That's cool. I am new to the X codebase, so knowing that I'm on a
generally ok track is all I needed.

> Once we have a Native GDI server and it passes the xtest
> suite then, we should start looking at 'rootless' modes, but
> feel free to continue down your path. I just don't want to
> clutter up code yet with something else until we're done with
> a primary objective. And I certainly don't want my focus to
> change to anything else yet.

That's not a problem. I'll #define all the rootless related changes as
such. And I'm not asking your focus to change!

My initial goal is to prove the concept, and then depending on time
constraints, I'll either
*) work with you and Harold to get an acceptable patch ready
*) maintain the patch every week or two but not try to get it included.
*) drop the patch to the list, for posterity, and forget the whole thing

Given the amount of interest here in rootless mode, I (naively) assume
that if something functional can be shown we may see some folk actively
helping. I also suspect that my recent adventures in building will help,
as they allow Harolds doco + the archives to get folk building the test
server.

Rob