RE: XWarpCursor doesn't "stick"

    From: Harold L Hunt [mailto:huntharo@msu.edu]

    So lets say that the Windows cursor is at 100, 100 (screen
    coords), the upper left-hand corner of the Cygwin/XFree86 client area is
at
    25, 25 (screen coords) and a warp request comes in to move to the X
cursor
    to 200, 200 (X windows coords).  I am thinking of two things that you
    could be saying:

    1) ...

    2) Or, I receive a request to move the cursor to a final
    location of 200, 200 and I do so, which fails to take into account that
the X
    cursor root is at 25, 25 in Windows screen coodinates.

It looks like #2 to me. Email sure makes it hard to explain some things,
doesn't it?

Visually, the effect is, if I simply run "XWin" (so that the X root occupies
a maximized Windows window), after a large warp, tweaking the mouse will
cause the pointer to jump up one title-bar height.

    ...I need to query for the
    upper-left hand corner of the Cygwin/XFree86 client area
    before calling SetCursorPos so that I can offset the final destination.

That's what I guess needs fixing.

    Notice that no one has really request the WarpCursor
    functionality before, that's why it doesn't work yet. :)

Really?  I'm shocked!   (-: