RE: Xlib: No protocol specified (connection refused by server)

I hadn't been and I was really hoping that would fix it. It
certainly would be a problem, because I hadn't done the
xhost.

However, I followed the instructions there and still get the
same result:

  Xlib: connection to "x.y.z.t:0.0" refused by server
  Xlib: No protocol specified
  Error: Can't open display: x.y.z.t:0.0

Wait! I just followed the SSH instructions and it said it
was making a .Xauthority file and that worked. (Now that I
think of it, I was logging in with SSH but then following
the telnet instructions, e.g., setting the DISPLAY by hand).

I feel really bad that this was all my fault for not
following the directions. Thank you so much for your help.

If someone wants to put that error message in the FAQ, that
might be nice. (Although, if I'm the only one who ran into
it, I guess it's not that 'frequent'.)

Thanks again for the help!

> Were you following the instructions at:
>
> http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html
>

> If not, follow them and see what happens.
>
> Harold
// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com