XDMCP : Cannot open display - fatal error problem

Hello all,

I have been running Cygwin with Xfree for a while now, querying the XDMCP
server at my work's machine without a hitch - eveything worked just fine. I
recently installed a second network adapter to share my Internet connection
with my wife's computer and things still worked fine with Cygwin for a
while, but I *now* get this message:

"XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 13 failed for display
myhostname.ca:0: Cannot open display."

I'm almost sure it worked OK for a while after I installed the 2nd NIC, but
now I get the X gray stippled background and nothing else!

I'm baffled now as to what happened. I searched the mailing archives to no
avail. Has someone out there found and possibly resolved this type of
problem?

Thanks,

Richard Harvey

Montreal, Québec