get rid of dos window?

Hello all,

I've been using Cygwin/XFree86 for myself for a while now and I'm quite
happy. Great work! However, I'm planning on migrating my kids and wife
to using Linux on an Xserver on their Windoze-machines (they play games,
so no way around that really) for all their internet activity. IE might
still be installed, hard to get rid of it, but the individual machines
will not be able to connect to the outside internet.

Anyway, to the point: I want to just throw a batch-file into the
windows-startup folder, which starts up the X-server and subsequently,
their Gnome-desktop starts up automatically. I'm almost there, but is
there no way to get rid of the DOS-window which accompanies the X-server
application? I've looked around and asked but ppl seem to think that
when an app sends output to STDOUT (for lack of a better term atm), the
DOS-window will stick around.

Any way known to get rid of it?

Sure, it's nit-picky, but I want to make the setup as newbie-friendly as
possible. After all, it's already hard enough to sell them on the new
setup as it is ...

-Armin