Re: X Windows Error

Ehh lets take this from the beginning.. You have the WindowsMachine,
and a UNIXMachine.. You want to run xfree on the WindowsMachine, and
show a client from the UNIXMachine?

Between these two machines there are a router and so on, making it
hard to do a simple x-connection between the machines?

Well then the easiest way is to use ssh, "ssh -X UNIXMachine" enables
x11 forwarding and sets the display variable on the resulting term, if
done from the xterm opened in the x11 window.

Small problem solving thoughts of your setup, what are DISPLAY set to
on the UNIXMachine where you try to run your application from?

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!