xfree86 error finding cygwin1.dll

   Hi, everyone. I have install xfree86 just like the
directions post on the net. However, when i run the
startxwin.bat, i get message error " could not find
cygwin1.dll." Well, x window pops up when i copy the
cygwin1.dll, cygncurses5.dll, cygz.dll, into the
directory of c:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin. However, when i
type "ls" command in the bash shell, which pops up
inside x window. It says command not found.
   I have read somewhere that i should check out the
first few lines of startxwin. I did check out though.
Well, it says something like this:

SET CYGWIN_ROOT=\cygwin

SET
PATH=.;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\bin;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\usr\X11R6\bin;%PATH%

I do not know what it means. However, i guess that it
says something like the program is able to  access all
dlls or exe files in c:/cygwin/bin or
c:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin . I think the path that is
being set is correct because i install cygwin in
c:/cygwin. However, i do not know why they didn't find
cygwin1.dll. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks