Re: Esound 0.2.8 is dead - Esound 0.2.23 compiles fine

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
To: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu>; "cygx" <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: Esound 0.2.8 is dead - Esound 0.2.23 compiles fine

> Ok, looking at esound as you asked :].
>
> audiofile 0.2.1 is a prerequisite for esound, so I checked that first.
> It's built very happily for me since I built a static-only gnome over
> year ago, so I didn't expect any problems. For this network audio
effort
> I've .dllised it. The resulting package passes all tests via make
check.

Hokay... some of the audiofile variables can't be auto imported. I'll
add decoration for those and reissue the patch, along with the esound
one.

Chuck: A suggestion for ld if it's feasible: Detect auto-exported
variables that can't be auto-imported and warn about them. This will
save guesswork or laborious source code auditing for new ports.

I haven't looked at the auto-import stuff since the work we did months
ago - does this sound feasible to you?

Rob