RE: Esound update [need an autoconf/automake wizard]

Robert,

> Just copy in config.guess from a newer project and you should be fine.
> Can you try that and if it works, thats all the patch needed for the
> esound maintainers :}. I'll happily look harder at it if replacing
> config.guess doesn't work.

Copying a new config.guess results in precisely the same warnings and
errors.

Copying in config.guess and config.sub fixes the unknown platform warnings,
but it results in a new, seemingly unrelated error:

checking for ld used by GCC... -e: not found
no
configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH

I couldn't figure out what was going on...