RE: sound support more info - kde2 porting status

> > On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 10:16:46AM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > >4a. Some application (kdevelop,) couldn't be started
> > >   because of a runtime loader error. (Windows Error 0xc0000142)
> > >   I have tried to analyze this, but without success.
> > >
> > >   This error is critical for this project, which implicated to me
> > >   to look after another way to port kde2.
> > >   Currently I'm trying out if "line" the linux emulator for windows
> > >   is a possible way for doing this. If have got running already some
> > >   applications.
> >
> > Hmm.  A google search on this error doesn't unearth much interesting
> > besides the fact that a DLL failed to initialize properly.  Doesn't gdb
> > tell you which one is having problems?  I remember having similar
> > problems, though, and they are really tricky to track down.
> >
> As I recognized it occurs after loading the last dll. In
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-09/msg00135.html I have send
> some informations. Do you have looked into ?
> There are 4 threads and I'm not able to identify, which thread caused the
> message box. In thread 1 an execve is called and hangs in kernel32. The other
> threads are located in kernel32 too. Currently I'm out of ideas. :-(

Just I have seen a topic in google under
http://www.iseran.com/Win32/FAQ/except.html
which wasn't there on the last search some weeks ago and this say the following:

"0xC0000142 DLL Initialisation Failure 	Raised when DllMain() returns false (?)
"

Do you have any ideas, which reasons this could be ?