cygncurses5.dll not found

when starting xterm, I get the following error.  "the
dynamic link library cygncurses5.dll could not be
found"

I figure it was just a path problem and that I surely
must have this dll, so I went and looked.  I have
cygncurses6.dll, not 5.  I updated my cygwin install
just minutes before installing xfree.

is this a known issue?  that the current xfree
binaries do not work with the most current cygwin
install?

mike