Re: strange behavior regarding new cygwin 1.3.3 and cmd.exe

    Alexander> On 28 Sep 2001, Danny Dulai wrote:
    >> I didnt update any xfree components tonight, just Cygwin. My XFree
    >> installation hasn't changed, only Cygwin has.

The same here. I upgraded only the cygwin1.dll to 1.3.3-2 for testing purposes.

    Alexander> Can you try running jam in a cmd window with bash (not in xterm). Do
    Alexander> the windows still popup?

I found one behaviour of the same kind as Danny mentioned.

When calling

  net start inetd

from an rxvt or xterm window, I get a cmd popup window which shows
that net.exe actually calls net1.exe from the same directory (C:\WINNT\system32)
in my case. If I call net1 directly the output goes in the rxvt/xterm window as
expected.

Calling either from a bash console window doesn't popup a new cmd window.

Strange enough,

  net use

called from a rxvt/xterm window produces output inside the rxvt/xterm window.

Hmmmmm....

Ciao
  Volker