Illegitimate caps lock. Genesio & Dobrin

I have humbly, previously reported a similar problem - maybe to the wrong list.
As near as I can tell, it is happening when I hit the shift & caps by clumsily
slipping fingers.

I can usually get out of it by alternating insert mode because it happens
when I am in vi for the most part.  Associated with the problem is the
fact that the caps lock indicator is not lit when in that mode.

It can be pretty frustrating.

Ron