Re: Capslock freakout

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Brian Genisio wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen this?
>
> I was going along, doing my own thing in the Xserver (version 4.1.99.1), while
> running ICEwm.  All of a sudden, the keyboard input became CAPSLOCKED.  It did
> not matter if my keyboard had caps lock or not, all input was capitalized.
> Other windows apps hadd the capitalizaiton correct, includeing the bash shell
> (not run in an xterm)

Only the X11 apps got the problem?

> Unfortunately, I was unable to get out of this mode.  The only way I was able
> to fix it was by closing down my desktop and starting again.

If this happens again, please try the right shift key. It help me today,
but i'm not sure if the problem was the same.

> Has anyone seen this?  Is there a fix for it?  I use the X server all the time,
> and this has never happened before, so it is not a big deal, but it was really
> wierd.

Yes, I have seen it too. And unfortunatly, I have no idea why this happend.
I never saw such a thing on Linux, but I can't see a problem which might
be in our code.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017