RE: fixed font problem doesn't go away

> Try to install fonts mannualy by gunziping
> and untaring fonts *.tgz archives.  Someone
> a while ago reported on Windows9x it helped.

I did try extracting the Xfnts.tgz file manually (using the same
extract.exe command that came in the downloads).
Is there some other extraction utility I should use?
Or should I be extracting some other fonts archives?

One thing - while extracting the Xfnts.tgz, I got an error -
"Skipping to next file header" or something like that. So I downloaded
the file again and extracted it again. But X still doesn't work.

(Please add my email address as a cc while replying since I'm not on
this list.)

TIA,
--
Rajesh J Advani

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro Limited and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.