UK Keyboard - I know this has come up before but...

How do I set cygwin/XFree to use a UK keyboard layout? I've searched the
mailing list archives and found suggestions of using setxkbmap, with
warnings that there might be bugs. That seems right to me - it sort-of
works, but things seem a little odd (occasional lockups, keys not working
100%, etc)

The alternative suggestion I found was using xmodmap, and copying a file
from a Linux box. The problem is that I have no Linux box, so I can't get
the appropriate file. I'm using Cygwin/XFree86 as an X server for installing
Oracle on a HP-UX box - but I know very little about X11 - most of my Unix
work is using simple telnet clients...

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Paul Moore