RE: setting Norwegian keyboard when using KDM

I wrote:

>> Platform, client: Win2k, CygWin 1.3.2, cygwin-xfree86 4.1.0
>> Platform, server: debian 2.2r3 (potato), kdm 2.1.1
> [snip!]
>>  - running xkeycaps in a WindowMaker session,
>>    saving a Norwegian keyboard into a file,
>>    and running "xmodmap" on this file
>>
>> So far without any success.  The keyboard mapping
>> stays US. :-/

I've hand edited the old Xmodmap.no file I found,
according to what xkeycaps says the keycodes
and symbols should be, when I move the mouse cursor
over the keys in xkeycaps.

This Xmodmap makes "æ", "ø", and "å" appear correctly
and so does all the keys that doesn't require
"Alt Gr".

xkeycaps said that the "Alt Gr" key (keycode 113)
should have the symbols Alt_R, and Meta_R, and
have modifier name Mod3.

So I have tried setting
 keycode 113 = Alt_R	Meta_R
and then
 clear Mod3
 add	Mod3	= Alt_R
but this didn't work.  In an xterm, I got
things like twosuperior instead of "@".

In emacs 20, pressing "Alt Gr" made keypresses being
taken as Meta keys.

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.