RE: connecting to KDM using XDMCP?

I wrote earlier:

> Platform, client: Win2k, CygWin 1.3.2, cygwin-xfree86 4.1.0
> Platform, server: debian 2.2r3 (potato), kdm 2.1.1

> I have edited /etc/X11/kdm/Xaccess (removed the #
> comment in front of the first "*"), and restarted
> kdm.

> That's what I would need to do to make it listen
> to UDP, I think...?

There's one more thing that needs to be done, and
it's to comment out a line in /etc/X11/kdm/kdm-config:

! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with kdm
!DisplayManager.requestPort:     0

Ie. put a '!' in front of the line with
DisplayManager.requestPort.

Then you must restart kdm, with
	/etc/init.d/kdm restart

It is not enough to press the "restart x server" button
of the KDM login dialog.

- Steinar

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.