>>> Seth Rothenberg <srothenb@montefiore.org> 08/21/01 01:24PM >>>
>>> Greetings.
>>> I downloaded Cygwin today,
>>> and downloaded all the required files mentioned on
>>> the Downloading Cygwin/XFree86 page, and then
>>> tried to install cygwin/xf86, and I received messages
>>> indicating that extract.exe is bad.
>>> (I got one error:Procedure entrypoint mkdid could not be located in DLL cygwin1.dll)

Thanks to Andrew Markebo <flognat@flognat.myip.org>
for the suggestion to re-install Cygwin from a different site.
I re-installed cygwin from ftp.nas.nasa.gov, and then
I downloaded extract.exe.bz2 from there also, this time using
an ftp session from my Unix server through the firewall,
rather than using http.

I also was wondering how people implement starting, etc.
I left the startxwin.bat program in /usr/X11R6/bin, and
did "Create ShortCut", and then moved that to my Start Menu.
I also set the value of "Start in" to C:\, so that my home ends up being
"/cygdrive/c", and I can see the whole system.