RE: CDE Hangs on login with Xfree

Harold,

Sorry to pop in 'out of the blue', but I am a USER (read NOT A DEVELOPER) of
Cygwin/Xfree and I have the same problems with 3 different Solaris boxes and
7 different W2k machines.

I have the same setup on each of 7 different W2k machines:
	Latest Cygwin binaries, latest Xfree 4.1.0 release,
	statrup script on a network share containing:
		XWin -screen 0 1024x768x256 -query $TARGET_SERVER -fp
tcp/$TARGET_SERVER:7100

My 3 Solaris boxes are set up in the following manner (all with the latest
'Sun Recommended Patch' packages applied:
	1 - Solaris 8 (Intel)
	1 - Solaris 8 (Sparc - Netra T 1125)
	1 - Solaris 7 (Sparc - Netra T 1125)

Like Oliver, I can log in to OpenWindows without a hitch, but as soon as you
select CDE as your environment, as soon as the desktop finishes rendering,
XFree locks up forcing the "three finger salute" (to bring up task manager)
so you can kill it.

I, too, have searched every machine for multiple .DLL's and none have been
located on any of the 7 W2k workstations.

Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers,

Randal Cobb
Applications Architect