Re: Keyboard

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Felix Daners wrote:

> I am using cygwin-xfree on a win2000 pc to work on a remote Linux machine.
> It all works very well except the keyboard. How do I map the
> keys of a swiss german 104 Key Keyboard correctly on the cygwin-xfree.
>
> If the answer is to use a .Xmodmap file, I would like to ask if somebody
> can provide such a file so I don't need to write one myself.

can ypu please try setxkbmap de or "setxkbmap de_CH" or "setxkbmap de"
and please report if you had success.

If it won't work, you can get at lease a german modmap from
http://www-usercgi.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree. There is a archive
with modmaps for various countries which redhat ships with their linux.
Maybe there is also a swiss one.

You may also export the modmap from your linux pc. call "xmodmap -pke".
You may have to remove some of the empty entries at the end.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017