Re: Xfree causes radio interference

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Brian Michael Genisio wrote:

> I thought this was funny, and I wanted to share....
>
> There is a radio between my tower and my monitor.  When it is tuned to 101.1,
> and Xfree starts up, My radio goes nuts.  This only happens when the stipple
> pattern is shown, and as soon as I minimize it, or put a WM background on it,
> the radio interference goes away!!!
>
> This only seems to happen on station 101.1, and it only happens when X starts
> up... I have never seen it happen before.
>
> Of course, this is not a problem, I just thought it was funny.  It must make
> the monitor resonate at a frequency that causes interference.  This happens in
> Linux with Xfree as well :)

The default X background pattern will produce a very stable pulse with the
Catode-Ray in the CRT. If the 101.1 is your preferred station and you don't
want to have these inteferences, you might to adjust the refresh rate of
the monitor (eg. insted off 80Hz ->75Hz). I think this might move the
interference to some other frequency :)

bye
    ago
--