RE: installation problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

Hi, Harold:

It worked by following instruction to change my Cygwin
mount type to binary. I followed the installation
instructions before. Perhaps in new installation
instruction, you could mention binary/text mount type.

Before I sent out Email for help, I searched FAQ page
from Cygwin/XFree86 site, but I clicked the more
obvious link on the left side: Documentation | FAQ
link (http://xfree86.cygwin.com/faq.html), and could
not find the answer there. I guess initially a person
would not know there is another FAQ after finding one.
I gave it up after searching through the 1st FAQ.

Just FYI, there is a minor problem, which seems not
affecting the operation of the whole system. When I
ran the startxwin.bat, I got the following message:

Cannot find the file 'mxterm' (or one of its
components) Make sure the path and filename are
correct and that all required library  are available.

Perhaps I didn't config it correctly.

I appreciate your help!

Robert Fu

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-error-font-eof