Cygwin-Xfree locks up after CDE login on Solaris 7

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and couldnot find an answer to this in any previous
posts (well, there was a similar post for Solaris 8, but it wasn't answered
in the archives)...  I am using Cygwin-Xfree to connect to a Solaris 7
(CDE1.3) box.  I have configured the font server properly so I now see a CDE
login page, but once I actually log in, I see a typical CDE desktop, my
mouse seems to lock up, and my CPU starts to race at 99% on XWin.exe.  If I
change the CDE login to OpenWindows, it works just fine.  Is there something
I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Randy