Can't start XWin

Dear Sir or Madam,

I just installed XFree86 for Cygwin.  I am running Windows 2000 on a Dell
Latitude notebook computer.  When I try to run the XWin startup scripts, or
I try to start XWin at the command prompt, I get the following message:

Fatal server error:

could not open default font 'fixed'
mxterm:  not found
XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (...

I'm not sure how to remedy this problem.  I don't know where XWin's fonts
are stored, if that is the problem.  Could you please help me?  Thank you
very much.

-Wants to believe that Linux is better than Win