RE: xinit working (no more startxwin.bat)

Startxwin.bat is a sample file.  If you are on a Win9x/ME it can happen that
batch files will execute xterm and other xclients before server is fully up
and running.... that is because Win 9x/ME DOS shell is too slow to be useful
for something good.

But anyway.. you did not answer which OS you are using?

> 2) xinit wasn't starting the server correctly on my system due to the
> error I posted.

That is not a real solution... you are making a too many links to batch
files

Xwin-start.bat --> X --> xwin.

Execute Xwin directly from batch file.

Suhaib