RE: which pthreads should be used with cygwin/xfree + xfce?

I compiled XFCE a year ago, that time Cygwin had no pthread support
therefore I used pthread.dll for MingW32 and created import libraries using
dllwrap.  The required pthread dll is packed with XFCE archive.
I do not think your problem is a pthread issue.  Harold told me that on his
system xterm was having same problems.  He sent me a replacement xterm.exe
which is in 4.1.0/fixes directory.  You can try using it.

Suhaib