RE: Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb'

> > try the .bat file first from a cmd/command prompt..
>
> I guess you are talking about the /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat.
> A window flashes but disapears to quick to be able to read.
> Thos CMD shell
> shows the following error messages:
>
> C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin>startxwin.bat
> Finner ikke banen - C:\cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix
> Systemet finner ikke angitt fil.
> Systemet finner ikke angitt fil.
>
> Translated to english:
>
> C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin>startxwin.bat
> Can not find the path - C:\cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix
> The system can not find the given file.
> The system can not find the given file.
>
> A window also pops up showing the error message:
> Can not find the file mxterm.
>
> Arne

The Batch files (startxwin.bat, startxwin9x.bat and startxwin.sh) are sample
files.  Read the readme file included with startup-script archive.  It says
YOU WILL NEED to modify it for your PATH and installation.  You may not have
mxterm and rxvt etc etce.  But you can get them from contrib directory if
you need.

Suhaib