Re: Further problems with xFree86

What did you use to unpack the tar archives??

| When I doubleclick this file I get several DOS screens.  Some of thme have
| errors on them.  The first DOS screen with an error on it says:
|
| rxvt: can't load font "Lucida Console-12"

Did you unpack the fonts too, all of them?

| The second DOS screen with an error on it says:
|
| Path not found - \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
| Path not found

Hmm probably something like X11 haven't run before, and therefore not
created this subdir, ignore it..

| Cannot find file 'mxterm' (or one of its components). Check
| to ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required
| libraries are available.

This is missing at me too, can be ignored..

| winFinishScreenInitFB () - Calling winCreateDefColormap ()
| winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
| error opening security policy file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
| Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
| from list!

security policy, can be ignored..

How far do you come, do you get a 'X-window' or??

        /Andy