RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 37

Francis,

> The image following was first with a blue palette, and I asked
> for the red one.
> Colors are wrong, and if I move the mouse over, I got the good colors.

Sounds to me like the colors are correct when the mouse is in the window
with the new palette, right?  Well, that's the expected behavior, because
Windows only allows one color palette to be installed at a time, and a
colormap specific to a single X client is only installed when that client
has the focus.

> You're close to the goal !

Don't expect the PseudoColor support to get any better from my efforts.  I
won't personally get any benefit from working on it further, so you will
have to correct any remaining problems to your own liking, or hope that
someone else does.  I will finish organizing the PseudoColor code into
engine specific functions, but I don't plan on adding any new functionality.

I'll gladly answer your questions if you choose to further develop the
PseudoColor support.  There isn't much information to learn about
PseudoColor and Windows color palette management; it only took me a few
hours to learn enough to implement the current PseudoColor support.  The
Cygwin/XFree86 source code is liberally commented, and the Contributor's
Guide contains enough information for you to easily setup a manageable build
tree, so you shouldn't have any problems getting started on the features
that you would like.

Good luck,