RE: thread safe libs?

No I do not call it Xfree86 thread safe.  We do not know yet what other bugs
exists.  Therefore IT IS NOT THREAD SAFE, only compilation does not mean it
works.

I understand the Windows managers
> will
> fail, but I am more interested in having the libraries being thread
> safe.  If I compile Xfree as thread safe, should it work for me?  Is
> it
> easy to accomplish?  Do I just add something like THREAD_SAFE to the
> config
> file?

No.  You turn on ThreadX and ThreadSafeAPI to YES in xc/config/cf/cygwin.cf
and do a "make World"  and fix the bugs if you can. At present we do not
support Xfree86 with ThreadAPI.

Suhaib