Re: problems with XWin-Test28.exe

>On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 06:47:38AM -0400, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
>> This is still refering to Tests, though in this case older one.
>> Has anyone seen negative edge problem with releases 4.1.0 binaries
>> from Cygwin/XFree86.  Maybe I am missing something here.
>>

>I've not seen it myself. But we could really do with a test case.
>Can someone who has seen this problem give a little explanation on what
>they did for the Xserver to crash this way....
>
>Then I can debug here.
>
>Thanks. Alan.

Maybe a little late but I have experienced the same problem ("Fatal server
error: negative sized edge?"). In my case it is the official 4.1.0 binaries
as X-Terminal with a Linux box as an application server (using XDMCP).

My observation was that most X clients have no problem but especially KDE
tools crash the server reproduceable (all KDE clients!). I'm not sure
whether this is related to a special font KDE is using or the KDE system
itself.

Hope this helps

Bye
	Andreas