RE: Xfree 86/Cygwin & NT

Hi,

> I use Xfree 4.03 under Winnt.Actually I successfully installed
> Cygwin/free86 in
> my Windows 98 SE and I decided to port it to a NT machine.
> I copied c:\Cygwin and I ran Xfree with the command:
> C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\XWin.exe -screen 0 800x600x16
> and I have the following

you used the windows copy command - that won't work as it doesn't copy all
the cygwin links etc. if you have shared drives please use the cygwin cp
command to copy it. There are also certain registry entries which are made
by the cygwin setup which did not get copied.

a perfect solution would be to install cygwin from the installer program and
then use the cygwin cp command

thanks

Shams