[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 31

I haven't seen any direct requests for new features, so this release
represents what I believe to be the "most wanted" features.  You can very
easily influence what features make the "most wanted" list be presenting me
with feature requests.  I don't read all the mail on the mailing list, so
let me suggest that you mark any such requests with "[FEATURE-REQUEST]" or
"[BUGFIX-REQUEST]" at the beginning of the subject line; better yet, cc me
when you have such a request.  On with the release announcement...

I just posted Test 31 to my server development page:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/

Server binary, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test31.exe.bz2 (1016 KB)

Changes:

1) A set of recent releases changed the '-screen n
WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH' parameter to '-screen n width height' and added
the '-depth color_bit_depth' parameter.  The '-depth color_bit_depth'
parameter is only used in fullscreen mode when using a DirectDraw
engine.  Some of that information was missing from pervious change log
entries.

2) Tell X Server to quit when Alt-F4 key combination is pressed.

3) Don't call IDirectDraw_SetDisplayMode if the desired mode is the
same as the current mode.  This makes fullscreen server startup and
switching back and forth between the server and Windows much
faster.  This also causes the current refresh rate to be used by
default in fullscreen mode, rather than the minimal refresh rate that
is chosen by DirectDraw when you change the display mode but do not
specify a refresh rate.  Translation: yay!

4) Added '-refresh rate_in_Hz' command line parameter to specify a
refresh rate.  Specifying an invalid refresh rate will cause the X
Server to abort on startup.

5) Disable LowBandwidthX (LBX).  I will reenable LBX if anyone
notifies me that they have been using LBX with Cygwin/XFree86.

6) Switch from DirectDraw to DirectDraw2 to support changing the
refresh rate.  The minimum DirectDraw version required to date has
been DirectDraw3, which is not affected by this release; therefore, I
don't foresee anyone being forced to upgrade to a new version of
DirectDraw.

Enjoy,