Running out of resources

Hi,

I am running Cygwin XFree86 4.1.0 with the latest Cygwin (1.3.x). This
is running on a Win2k Sp2 machine.

The main reason that I want to use XFree86 is to display Emacs running
on a remote Unix box on my desktop.

I am able to do this fine (I start it using ssh servername emacs). But
after a while (usually 3-6 hours), the machine runs out of resources
and (I think) vtwm crashes. I then lose all the windows that I had
open (typically the 2/3 local bash/console windows and 1 remote Emacs
window).

I can sense that this is coming when I see just switching between
applications requires an inordinate amount of time and disk activity
(probably paging). When I look in my task manager, the available
physical memory is down to around 5K from the total of 256M. Around
this point the crash happens when I try to switch to the Emacs
session.

Interestingly, the X server and the local bash windows that show up as
processes on my task list do not seem to be consuming a lot of
memory. I don't see the remote emacs listed, nor the amount of
resources it is using up.

The vtwm window just disappears so I cannot see any log/errors
etc. Does it write the errors out to a certain file?

The main startwin.bat file contains these lines:

--
xterm:  fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server "127.0.0.1:0.0
"

I think I have seen messages to the effect "out of process buffer
space" and nothing works (I cannot open websites in IE) etc. At this
point only a reboot brings things back to "normal".

Have people seen things like this?

Thanks,
Sridhar
p.s. I am not subscribed to the mailing list, so please cc a response
to me.
--
Sridhar Boovaraghavan
sridhar_ml@yahoo.com