RE: Xclients don't work in win2K

ALL the VPN modify your winsock and tcp/ip.  It does not matter you run it
or not, it is not the original Winsock and TCP/IP which was shipped with
Windows.
I use CheckPoint SecureRemote VPN to connect to my company network and I
have not problems with it.  Which VPN are you using?

If you are willing try uninstalling VPN software to restore the Winsock and
TCP/IP stack to original and then test.

Suhaib