Re: Cygwin XFree is not display 2Byte Character ( one more question )

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 09:41:51AM +0900, ÃÖ±â¼ö wrote:
> I use Cygwin 1.3.2 with XFree 4.0.3 on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation SP6a.
>
> I compiled windowmaker 0.65 and work well.
> but I can't display 2Byte CJK Character in Cygwin XFree.
>
> My Question is ' Does Cygwin XFree support display 2 Byte chracter?'.

I know that XFree did not automatically support 2-byte character. Programmers
had to hack xterm and X to get them to display CJK 2-byte character. I did
compile a specially hacked xterm and specially hacked vi editor to get them
to display an Asian language - Chinese. I believe I answered this question
before but perhaps vaguely. I may be wrong because I have not worked with
XFree version 4 in Chinese lately. I worked on XFree version 3 to display
Chinese in 2-byte format.

So perhaps Suhaib and Harold are up to date on the capability of XFree
and XWin.exe

> If Cygwin XFree support display 2 Byte CJK Character, then what can I do?
>
> Please Help Me!!!
> Thanks!!

It appears that you are looking for Japanese support. If so, you may want
to consider obtaining the sources for Turbolinux's XFree, They support Chinese
and Japanese languages.

Hope this helps
EW