RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 DocBook-based FAQ Draft 3

A year ago I forwarded an email from Open Group to the list.  The following
section is
Wrong as Rob pointed.

2.7. What license applies to Motif?

Motif is a closed source product produced by The Open Group. However, The
Open Group released Open Motif on 2000-05-15 under a public license, The
Open Group Public License, that allows Open Motif to be distributed with and
used on Open Source platforms. Cygwin/XFree86 may qualify as a platform that
Open Motif can be distributed with and used on, but work has yet to begin on
determining if that is the case. Furthermore, no work has been done, as of
2001-05-24, to build Open Motif with Cygwin/XFree86.

Also according to my communication with Open Group, after OpenMOTIF, was
released, Cygwin does not qualify.  I was told by OpenGroup attempts to
compile OpenMOTIf on Cygwin will require a commercial royalty based license.

Suhaib