Excuse me, but do you mean something like this

-- defined in dll -----------
extern int var;
extern void print_var();
extern void print_foo();
extern int foo;

typedef struct {
  int *var;
  void (*func_ptr)();
} TEST;

--- used in client -------
// global var and function imported from dll
TEST xyz = { &var, print_var };

that I'm using on qt and kde with this patch desribed.

Ralf