RE: AltGr key.

> I might not have been clear, but again my note was about the
> cygwin window.  This is where the Alt-Gr is not recognised.

Oops.  Cygwin's and Cygwin/XFree86's handling of AltGr is completely
unrelated.  I have seen several posts on the cygwin mailing list regarding
your question.  I suggest that you search the cygwin mailing list archives
for 'AltGr', you will likely find an answer to your question; I do not
suggest asking your question on the cygwin mailing list, as they will yell
at you, then refer you to the mailing list archives :)