RE: Naming of Cygwin/XFree86 components

> For us! what about 3rd party makefiles?!

libXwin.a consists of only the object files from
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin; I wrote all the object files, so I can say with
confidence that no 3rd party will need to link to them. :)  libXwin.a
consists of our hardware specific routines that get linked in with the os
and dix layers.

> Hangon, what repository is called "xwin". This is the first I've heard
> of it.

Our home in the XFree86 source tree:
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/

Sample of other directories in hw/:
xfree86/
hp/
ibm/
dec/
kdrive/
darwin/
macII/
sun/

We've got 'xwin/' in hw/; now, tell me how the name 'xwin' implies that our
server is for Cygwin?  :)