Re: minimal cygwin to run XFree86 ?

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Reinald Gfuellner wrote:

> Is there a minimal cygwin-installation just to run XFree86 ?
>
> The Userīs Guide does not recoment to change the partlist.
> Still: Do I really have to do install 175 MB of cygwin to run the
> xserver ? Any experiences ?

The minimal configuration for running _ONLY_ the server is
XWin.exe, libcygwin1.dll and libz.dll. Use this to experiment,
but don't ask on the ML if this doesn't work. I had it running
in nearly this way (the dll's copied into xc/programs/Xserver)
but I used fonts from a linux machine and session via xdmcp from
linux box.

Of course this is only for those who know what the're doing.

bye
	ago.
 http://www.gotti.org
 +49 3725 349 80 80