Re: xmodmap probs...

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:43:54PM +0200, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Markus Schneider wrote:
> >
> > Now I can log in using kdm! Everything works perfect except my keyboard...
> > After I changed back to Cygwin, I tried:
> >
> > $ export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
> > $ xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
> >
> Use this from your linux box. The Xserver is after logging in via kdm
> owned by the linux box. You can not connect from your windows environment.
>
> If you still have problems, try running ~/.xsession manually and
> try the steps I have mentioned in the "german keyboard - again" thread.
>
> You can copy the xmodmap.de to ~/.Xmodmap on your linux box. The
> german modmap will be installed after logging in via kdm.

What I still don't know is, how do I set up the german keyboard
before or when connecting to my Linux box? The problem is that
xdm doesn't know about my german keyboard when the xdm login
dialog is displayed. I'm using a xdm broadcast connection in
.xserverrc:

exec X :0 -screen 0 1280x1024x32 -broadcast

What commandline option (and files) do I have to use (copy/create)
to get the german keyboard from the beginning (before login)?

Corinna