Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 21

Pierre Muller wrote:

> I agree partly with you, but using
>   -- Dave telnet in xterm emulation mode,
>   -- WinAxe (a shareware X server I tested once)
>   -- putty.exe ssh client
>   -- or even telnet from cygwin bash directly
> does not generate that kind of font changes.
> So it is at least something specific to the win32 Xfree86 server.

Can you have a look at the TERM variable by doing 'echo $TERM'.
Please set this to xterm before you run these programs. (In bash 'export
TERM=xterm') If you don't do this cygwin ncurses probably thinks you are in a
windows terminal window and creates the wrong escape sequences which can cause
these font problems.

Staf.

|Staf Verhaegen (staf.verhaegen@imec.be) |ADRESS: IMEC vzw. - ASP/LITHO|
|tel: 016/ 281 783                       |        Kapeldreef 75        |
|fax: 016/ 281 214                       |        3001 Leuven (Belgium)|
 For every tool there are at least 2 uses: the one it was designed for
                 and the other for which it wasn't.